(I know plenty of people are gonna get on my case for the following, but this is my blog so imma complain how I want, haha.) So I've gained about 10 lbs in the last month or so and I'm not happy about it. In fact it's really kind of upset me in addition to breaking out pretty badly this week I've felt rather unattractive and uncomfortable in my body. I tried on some clothes the other day and was so upset looking at myself in the mirror. I know, stupid, but I'm really pretty self-conscious. Jed is wonderful and tells me I'm beautiful every day, which really helps, but I need to start watching my junk-food/portions and (if I can ever find the time and energy) start working out. Sigh.
Jed and I both got new Motorola Atrix's (how would one pluralize that? atrixes?) - a $600+ phone - for free, overnighted, ~14 months before we could upgrade, and didn't reset our upgrade date. "How the heck did you pull that off?" you may ask. Well, to make a long story short, Jed knows how to go through the correct venues to get what he wants, lol. We were told when we got phones last year that we would be able to upgrade to iPhones at any time, but found out last week that there was no way we could, so Jed tried to get it figured out, was screwed by a lot of people, went through the Better Business Bureau, and though we still can't get iPhones, we could and did upgrade to Android-based smartphones. We have to pay the data plans on them, but we got them free so we're down with that. They have been a lot of fun and really enjoyable.

Other than that, we have really been enjoying the intermittent sun and heat and can't wait to get out camping/hiking this year. Here's us soaking in some sun and being blown away by the wind.
This next week is going to prove trying. I think I will end up skimping on hours at my internship so that I con concentrate on the test, paper, and presentation I have due this week. I should prolly start up yoga again since it helps me de-stress a little when I'm buried under work. I'm also shooting for a 4.0 and to have perfect attendance this semester - two things I have never accomplished in college, and this is my last semester in classes at the bachelors level, so I'm giving it a shot. Well, bed time. In parting, here is a pic of the flower Jed got me Saturday because he's a doll. <3
I started gaining weight post-marriage too. Matt tried to convince me that our cheap Wal-Mart mirror was distorting things, the scale was off, and my clothing was shrinking in the wash. He even went so far as to try to put shims behind the mirror frame so it would angle in (making everything skinnier - it was kind of an awesome mirror).
ReplyDeleteBut, despite the extra pounds, I'm still smoking hot and so are you. Now that it's warm, I hope you find some fun outdoorsy exercise things to do so you can feel great about yourself again.
Sweet Phones! We need to skype so you can show them off to us.
It is so easy to let the "image" go after you get married cuz you don't have to totally go out and impress all the time, cuz you already got your guy! ;) but what really helped for us was walking to school every day, I know that might not work with you having to go to IF too, but any little bit helps-but it really is so hard to maintain! We got a tred-mill if you ever want to use it (although with it being warming it might be a little silly to us, but come winter you are welcome to use it!) but honestly hadnt noticed any extra ten lbs- you look great! :)
ReplyDeleteI am so excited it is finally starting to get warm- just wait till the Hills really start gardening the back oasis area- it is simply gorgous and so relaxing and enjoying!
Pretty flower! Yeah for flowers! :)