Thursday, August 18, 2011

and the summer marches on..

The last couple weeks have been fun but a little hectic .. at least for Jed. He's been working hard and work has been really stressful. There's so much politics between the various generations of the family that work there, rude redneck customers, and lack of opportunities for sales with crud commission when he is successful. It's frustrating just to hear about so I'm sure it's horrible to go to it every day. I've been doing a lot of coddling and caring in the evening to try and make up for his days at work. Poor thing. I don't foresee it really getting any better in the near future so I'm hoping I get a good job in the next half year so that Jed has the option of leaving if he wants.

Speaking of jobs, I interviewed at Five County Jail in St Anthony, which is a juvenile detention center. I'd be an entry-level there doing security and assisting with treatment and then I could move on to other positions there that would all be great training for my profession and look good on my resume. aka it's a career job, not just a job. woo! The guys I interviewed with said that I was looking very good in comparison to the other 7 candidates that they are looking at to fill 2-4 positions now and another group in November. I just hope that they want me now.. I'm getting pretty bored sitting around waiting for Jed to come home and then he's too exhausted to do anything. :\

I've been kinda depressed on and off because of the sitting around, so I've been trying to get everything done that I've wanted to do.. Still have to go through all our stuff in the basement and organize it and take a bunch of stuff to DI. I have been leveling (read: playing a bunch of hours) my WOW character and only have 10 more levels before she's maxed out and I can finally play with the big kids. Also I started on The Great Gatsby, but just wasn't in the mood, so I started The Time Traveler's Wife over and am loving it. Guess I'll get back into the habit of reading with modern books and then move back to the big list of classics I want to get to.

a mini moonkin buddy for my character in moonkin form, haha!

The last couple weeks we have seen a few friends - Maddy stayed most of the week after we got back from Logan and we got to play with she and Daniel a little before they leave for the semester. Amy and Ben also stopped by on their way through and we got to chat it up for a couple hours. I really miss them. We unfortunately missed Lynda and Tom on their way through. :(

Daniel and Maddy looking adorable while we play Munchkin on our last night together for a while

posing in the store before heading back to Provo

I've also been trying to be a good wifey and make properly cooked meals while I don't have anything else to catch me up in not cooking. One night I did pesto and decided to jazz it up a bit. I grilled tofu and put in fresh tomato as well as did a green salad with baguette and balsamic vinegar/olive oil for dipping. Yum.

We are planning on going to Washington for the next week to visit Jed's parents, sister, bro-in-law, and niece, and my mother. If I get the job, however, we may need to cancel or postpone the trip. I'm hoping there's a way for me to get the job now and still be able to go on the trip as planned so we can see everyone and Jed can have some time off. We shall see, we shall see..

3 comments:

  1. good luck! I hope everything works out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the job! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read through the blog and enjoyed it a lot. Nice to see what you guys are up to. I know what Jed is going through at El Gene's. I worked there for almost 3 years. The politics is horrid. At least there are times when you can pop in a good movie or smash some old TV's and appliances.

    If you have any interest in moving to AZ I may be able to help. I work for an Electronica Health Care Record company and have a lot of connections with people in the mental and behavioral health field. (Our software specilaized in behavioral health.)

    I hope everything works out with the jobs. Rexburg is such a tough place for jobs but somehow it always seemed to work out. (The "BIG" guy will take care of you). Please keep Jed in line and make sure he behaves.

    ReplyDelete