Monday, January 23, 2012

So it's been hard to keep up with basic things, let alone extras like blogging, lol.  Here's a quick recap of the last 3 weeks.

I got to start attending staff meetings and doing some light training the first week of January but didn't get to start full time til this week.  I'm training to be a full fledged/certified Substance Use Disorder Case Manager and have a full caseload there.  I'm also waiting on clients so I can also be working as a Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist.  Sounds fancy but it's "just" skills training, lol.  I worked 45 hours at Club this week and did an 8 hour shift at 5-C so did a total of 53 hours, woo.  I haven't worked that much since my stint of 55 hrs a week when I was saving for my mission.  Oh yea, and I got my license!


Jed is plugging away at school and enjoying his classes this semester (no generals!).  He gets to do some pretty sweet projects, which I will be sharing on here soon I hope.  He's also working hard on some sweet projects at work including completely revamping their cable system.  Seriously, they don't deserve Jed for what they pay him.

He also got a sweet new toy/tool: a Sony Tablet S!


We were able to go out with our good friends, Daniel & Maddy, a few weeks ago.  We went to the Cellar and spent hours there laughing and recounting stories.  We missed them so much!

Maddy had the chicken marsela and Daniel the lamb shank

i had the hummus platter and Jed the lamb shank

"la vita e bella"

We had our semesterly Fish Taco Party, which was a hit.  We had some amazing help from Daniel, Maddy, Matt, Richard, and Justin djing, cooking, and cleaning.  It was a blast.

a shot of many of who came to harass a friend who's parents came but he didn't

when my hallway is filled it makes me feel like we had a successful party :P

last of the jello shots - they were very popular even though they were made without alcohol

Jed's old apartment (Aspen 314) reunion

I got to watch Twilight: Breaking Dawn with a couple gal friends and I'm pleased to report that it was absolutely horrid.  Kristen Stewart has gotten a little better on her acting I think, the costumes were alright, scenery beautiful, and makeup good for Bella's metamorphosis.  But the scenes were way too drawn out since they're splitting the last book into 2 movies, the werewolf fight scenes were cheaply done, the sex scenes were too much for a teenager of mine anyway, and the parting shot was taken straight from Avatar's ending scene.  It had a few good laughs, though, which is what I went to see it for.  Can't wait for next year's part 2!


I also started the book Hunger Games and am absolutely loving it.  Can't wait to have more time to read it and can't wait for the movie too! 

1 comment:

  1. DUDE! hunger games is awesome! I just finished 1, got hooked enough to splurge on 2, and need to find 3 :) the movie looks great :D

    ReplyDelete