Monday, July 9, 2012

Gardening and School

In non family related news, Jed is kicking school's butt and picking up lots of slack from a group project. By lots of slack I mean he's seriously going to end up having done at least 50% of a project that involves like 6 people who are slacking and/or not all with it. He is working so hard and I am so proud of him for working through all this muck. Only 2 more weeks left and he gets 7 weeks off (first time with that long off of school and work in years).

I'm trundling along in work and trying to do as much case management work at home as possible to supplement my PSR hours. Clientele is fluctuating and it's hard to get my hours when people keep going on vacation or with their other parent, etc. It's pretty frustrating because I haven't gotten a full 40 hours yet with this new job and I'm supposed to be the bread winner. :S

Our little garden is doing well. The plants from seeds are doing great and the transplants are mostly doing alright, though some won't produce this year.

what the weed?  these guys were tiny last weekend

our little plot after weeding and thinning

squash, cabbage, brussels, peppers, tomatoes, and eggplant

lettuce, spinach, and radish after thinning

zuc and cuc after thinning 

corn

yellow squash!

first tomato!

latest haul of radishes

3 comments:

  1. the garden looks great!! :) good luck with school and work, you guys can do it (and then take a holiday to celebrate :))!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are great weeders! I wish you'd come help with my yard. It's pretty jungle-tastic. I'd even share my figs with you. Maybe....

    ReplyDelete