Friday, December 19, 2014

Fall Recap and a Farewell to Vancouver

We went to the Vancouver Farmer's Market every weekend we could and the Portland Farmer's Market one last time (got 2 raw honeys, mmm!). Just can't get enough of local fresh produce. 


We checked out the best and fanciest outdoor mini golf I've ever seen in southern Portland.


Nova had her 2nd birthday!


Mid September, we went to my high school friend Allen's wedding to Nicole in Pacific Beach, OR. It was absolutely beautiful and so picturesque as well as a total party. And with that, all my close high school friends are married! Weird! 

yes, they had the ceremony straight up on the beach

such perfect weather

photobooth fun with Allen, Will, Alyssa, Lynda, and Tom

snuggles, awww

At the end of September, Jed had a 2nd job interview at a company in San Diego, so he flew down for 2.5 days. Jed and I had never slept in different towns since the summer before we were married, 4 years ago so we had a hard time with it, but we obviously survived. 

Google+ chats with monocle Jed and snorkel Eve! 

Jed finally started NUCCA chiropractic and set a new record for our doctor in Vancouver, Dr Perin, at 6.75° misalignment. He's been continuing to go since and has been in far less pain, yay!

before is on the left, after first adjustment on the right

I sold my faithful Dodge Neon for $700, 2 hours after I posted it on Craigslist and after having 12 people contact me (read: blow up my phone). It was only $100 less than I originally asked and $500 more than the salvage yards were offering. Byebye sweet Bandit, you served me well!


And then we moved. Jed got a 3rd interview with that company, which meant he was 1 of 2 candidates or so, and we had been toying with the idea of moving anyway, so we just did it. It was extremely stressful as we only had 4 days to pack and clean the house. We got a lot of help on the cleaning from our friends at church and shipped out Oct 11. Jed's dad drove his truck and the trailer and we drove down in the Volvo over 1.5 days. We really loved Vancouver, so we were sad to go, but we're also liking the excellent weather in San Diego. :)




Also I baked. A lot. 

sourdough bread

double chocolate banana bread

lavender sugar cookies

pumpkin chocolate chip cookies

Speculoos cookie butter cookies

Books: 
  • 1984 - Very interesting ideas but with one-dimensional characters, predictable plot, and dry writing.
  • The Giver - Very interesting depiction of a dystopian society, though there were a lot of unexplained facets. It felt a little rushed at parts and I wish there had been more character development, but overall excellent. 
  • The Five People You Meet in Heaven - Interesting fable with some quotable quotes, but I don't feel like the protagonist really grew so much as repented and reconnected, which is good too.
  • half of Eat, Pray, Love - So boring and whiny I had to put it down for a while. 
  • started to read Charlotte's Web in Spanish - So hard!
          

Movies & TV Series: 
  • Guardians of the Galaxy - very good, though a little overly violent in a couple parts 
  • The Lego Movie - even though it was actually a complex and violent dystopia, it was freakin hilarious 
  • About Time - good but with overdone themes 
  • How I Met Your Mother - rating: "eh"

No comments:

Post a Comment