Monday, September 5, 2016

January-April 2016

It snowed at the beginning of January and my boss even canceled work for a snow day!



I started off the beginning of the year spending a lot of time in the kitchen baking, learning to make pancakes from scratch, and even getting a yogurt maker and learning to make soy yogurt from scratch!

bread, yogurt, spice cookies

pancakes from scratch!

Jed's peanut butter from scratch!

On 3/19 we went to the first Farmers Market of the season! I've missed this very much.


Explored some more of Vancouver and discovered a Mexican store, Asian market, and European (mostly Russian) store all next to each other. We explored each one and oddly recognized more things in the Asian store than European one and felt most comfortable and at home in the Mexican store, recognizing almost everything and speaking the language (so much for our own ancestry I guess, lol). 


I'm burning out at work. I got 11 new clients in one go from a girl who left on maternity leave and now I'm up to 43 and have maxed at 45 or so. On 4/1: so there I was 2 hours over time trying to get through a stack of paperwork and being depressed about how my job is sucking my soul dry on this beautiful day when I just snapped, shut everything down, and left so I could spend time outside with my fluffy bestie and wear my Chacos for the first time this year. Trying to work on work/life balance.. There are a few therapists leaving and I've been advocating hard to my boss to lighten my caseload and decrease my anxiety. 


On 3/24 I had my first ocular migraine so that was fun. Got to call out for the rest of the day and go to the optometrist to make sure my retina wasn't detaching from my eyeball and get my eyes dilated. 


Been trying hard to work on language study of my 2 languages I'm moderately fluent in (Spanish and French) as well as my language I keep coming back to (Japanese).

Got new cooking pans and a new tv stand after using crappy bits from when we first got married. Thanks Ma for the stand!!



4/16-4/24 we went to San Diego for a little vacay, which I wrote about here.

Walks: 

Lacamas Lake

Dog Park

Lacamas


Movies:

  • Hunger Games: Good acting, good theatrics, still don't like the ending, and she ended up with the wrong guy.


  • I finally watched Star Wars Episodes 4-6 so that I could watch the new 7 that just came out. Very good stuff. I'm a bit late to the party but I'm there now, lol.

Books:
      
     

No comments:

Post a Comment