Thursday, October 21, 2010

How We Found Each Other

His side of the story:

I first noticed Eve in her apartment in January. To be honest I am not sure if I was introduced to her or not. Romantically I would say it was “love at first sight” but, in truth, I think I fell short and landed somewhere at “recognition of cool person at first sight.” I never really had the chance to talk to Eve too much; it wasn’t until a trip to the Cocoa Bean after a music concert that I really got to have my first full-length conversation with her. What I remember of that night is how happy and unreserved she was. Not in a bad way of course, in the way that made me feel like she would make a great friend. (No defense of that previous statement will save me from mockery later) After awhile, when I would go over to her apartment, I found that the reason I had originally gone there started to take a back seat. I always loved our conversation and often times they would last for more than an hour. The topics varied but my feelings for her grew.

The next half of the story is a pretty embarrassing one. We both had secretly grown fond of each other, but we were both coming out of failed relationship attempts that we had talked openly about. I feared that if I tried to make a move she would accuse me of using her as a rebound. The thought that I could lose her as both a friend and a possible love interest was too much for me so I played it safe – a decision I now regret.

We started hanging out more and more and were in the process of dating, but not really – the unspoken ritual, I suppose. Well, push come to shove one, of us had to ask the other on the first date. She won that round, but in my defense I was going to ask her out on Friday and she asked me on Thursday, so I call it a tie, but I am sure she begs to differ.

So we went to see the Young Ambassadors and they were awful..gave me plenty of time to stare at Eve though.. We both decided at intermission that it wasn’t worth it to stay, so instead went to the Pita Pit for dinner. That was an amazing experience on so many levels for me, but for the readers I will just sum it up by saying that it was in that moment that I knew Eve had to be mine – in fact, because it was at that moment that I realized it that I decided to keep my Pita Pit cup instead of my show ticket. The cup still sits on my desk and despite what some might say it is not trash!

Well, long story short since I have already made it long: we fell in love. I vowed that I would love her more each day than I had the previous and she has made it easy for me to do. She is beauty in all forms and the meaning of love. I have never been more happy in my life, but I know that as long as I have her I will be happier tomorrow then I am today.

Her side of the story:

I'd seen Jed around in passing at church or at my apartment, but had never gotten the chance to really meet him until we went on a double date – he with my roommate and I with his roommate – in January. I thought he was interesting, but talked a lot as he was telling back-to-back stories about his mission in an effort to keep us longer I think. I was in a rush to get back home, but realized that I loved listening to him and was fascinated by his stories and manner of speech.

After that, we started talking more when he would come to my apartment to visit my roommate (who wasn't at all interested in him!) and found that we have a lot in common. That whole semester he claimed he wasn't at all interested in me even though the private jokes we shared and texts per day continued to increase. We started to go to the kitchen to have private conversations and then, as the weather grew nicer, we'd go on walks that would last hours and seem too short.

When we came back from spring break, we started spending even more time together alone and with friends until I asked him out to see a show at our school in May. It ended up being awful and we left in the intermission and went to get food. After that, he seemed to switch night and day and began to pursue me! He was so sweet and devoted and everything I've ever wanted and more that after I got over my initial fear of being loved and appreciated by someone, I couldn't help but fall in love with him.

We got engaged in August and I can't wait for December so I can start my life with the most amazing man on earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment