So, Spring Break pictures! Most the week Jed was stuck working and I was chillin' out. We did get to hang out with Daniel and Maddy for FHE Monday - they made us delish tacos for dinner and I got to make jam tarts for desert! We played Monty Python themed Fluxx and there was much rejoicing. Thursday we bummed around Idaho Falls, ate at the delicious Adelbertos, and enjoyed Jed's first of two whole weekdays off, woo.
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Spring Break (now with Yelp!)
Well, tomorrow is the last day of Spring Break and I will spend it running around trying to get registered and get my internship approved through the school. Very much looking forward to being done and not having to deal with BYU-I's administration.
So, Spring Break pictures! Most the week Jed was stuck working and I was chillin' out. We did get to hang out with Daniel and Maddy for FHE Monday - they made us delish tacos for dinner and I got to make jam tarts for desert! We played Monty Python themed Fluxx and there was much rejoicing. Thursday we bummed around Idaho Falls, ate at the delicious Adelbertos, and enjoyed Jed's first of two whole weekdays off, woo.

We got to go to SLC Friday through Sunday and had an awesome weekend. Friday we did some quick shopping at the Gateway Mall to get Jed a belt since he's been without for so long, had delicious Thai at Bangkok Classic in Downtown, then went to Ballet West's performance of Bolero and two other pieces at the Capitol Theatre. It was pretty good, but I am much more a fan of classical ballet than modern ballet. We really wanted to round off the night going to a bar or something, but thought it would be too lame ordering Shirley Temples or whatever so we made our own fun at the hotel. We stayed at the Metropolitan Inn and really liked it. It was well-priced and right downtown, close to everything.
Saturday we did some shopping at the Gateway Mall but just ended up with a couple kitchen doo-dads. We then headed to Sandy to the Living Planet Aquarium and had fun there. Fave exhibits: the jellyfish and the penguins. Petting the stingrays was good too but I had hoped on some anemones and sea cucumbers to pet too. Worth the $8.

We then met up with a friend of mine, Amelia, for Indian food at Ganesh in Midvale and we are happy to report it has heavenly food, hospitable hosts, and is well-priced. It was great catching up with Amelia too.
Then off we went to Nickel Mania in Murray for some awesome arcade games. I found a game called Tempest that kept me enthralled. Also enjoyed some air hockey in which Jed nearly killed me when the puck smacked me hard in the hand, haha. I don't think the table was very good since we never have trouble with the nice (and blacklight/neon) table at Fat Cats in Rexburg.

Sunday we walked around Temple Square and saw an organ recital in the Tabernacle. Evaded some sister missionaries, chatted with some, and then drove back to Rexburg to be greeted by a very happy guinea pig. We just decided to name him Remy after the Ratatouille character because of his refined taste, spastic nature, and love of being around humans.
The end .. until next Sunday's post, if I can keep my goal of blogging every weekend.
So, Spring Break pictures! Most the week Jed was stuck working and I was chillin' out. We did get to hang out with Daniel and Maddy for FHE Monday - they made us delish tacos for dinner and I got to make jam tarts for desert! We played Monty Python themed Fluxx and there was much rejoicing. Thursday we bummed around Idaho Falls, ate at the delicious Adelbertos, and enjoyed Jed's first of two whole weekdays off, woo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looks so fun! I am so glad you are so happy! As if this world couldn't get any smaller...Amelia is in my singles ward. LOL. It is crazy to just see how life connections sometimes! :)
ReplyDeleteRemy the Guinea Rat...I like it. Glad you had a fun weekend.
ReplyDeleteso much awesome stuff in one weekend. i'm so glad i got to be a part of it!
ReplyDeletethat is crazy that you know Jessie. some people just seem to know somebody from everywhere....
told you the mormon world is tiny, haha. if you served a mission, did efy, or went to a church school it gets really tiny really fast because of all your connections. living in utah or your friends living there prolly doesn't help tho, haha. ;)
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun! Glad you got a little fun break before your LAST semester on campus! :)
ReplyDelete