Also, there was some crap that went down with Jed's not being able to take class this semester but luckily he was able to, so he doesn't have to work full time, woo! The poor thing worked 6 days this week, frequently not getting a lunch break because they are so busy and he knows every facet of the store. Anyway, this school still blows, and we're considering transferring, perhaps as early as the fall. We shall see.
Tuesday class started with my 7:45am class - yuuuuck. I have my last 3 classes this semester, as well as my internship, and the seminar that accompanies the internship. It looks like I'm gonna have to do some work to get As in these classes, especially with traveling to Idaho Falls and working there, sigh.
I'm already way tired from this week. Granted, I also got a halfway decent cold at the end of the week. It was coming in all week and then hit me Friday so I allowed myself to sleep all evening (5-11pm) before going to bed and sleeping midnight to 7am, lol. I had a full day at work Saturday so I couldn't afford to be crappy. I'm still not feeling great at all though, even after the ridiculous amount of generic "DayQuil" I took, ugh..
I started my internship at CLUB, Inc. this week and Wednesday and Thursday I was mostly in the office meeting people, filing and studying paperwork, and learning about various programs. Friday morning and Saturday I was in the drop-in center where the homeless in the program (also dealing with mental health issues and overcoming drug/alcohol addiction) can go to have positive socialization, learn some life-skills, and have lunch. It's a fledgling program, so I'm helping to organize it, which is way cool. The residents are awesome people and I really enjoyed interacting with them and getting to know a few of them. Friday they taught me how to dye Easter eggs, which is actually a lot of fun. ^^; (the pretty purple and blue with swirly lines are mine)
The weather was pretty lame all week but Thursday it hailed and Friday it had snowed overnight - which was oh so great driving to Idaho Falls at 8am before it had had time to warm up!
Thursday night I got to DJ at Sammy's for their non-live swing night (that's alternated with a live jazz band on every other Thursday). That was fun getting to see people again and the turnout was better than usual except the ratio was 1:5 male/female!! Ugh.. We seriously have to advertise it more this semester because it's an awesome little venue, we can play whatever we want, and it's FREE! I consider us lucky for their letting us come another semester when it wasn't very successful at all last semester.
Those ARE super adorable shoes! I want some! Maybe we can get Sam to let us give out coupons for half off a shake or something if people come for Sammy's Swing....Whadda you think?
ReplyDeleteHang in there- sounds like a fun semester ahead! :) I have never heard of "peep wars" sounds fun :) Hope you get to feeling better!
ReplyDeleteSheeba - I just got the shoes from Payless and they have a bogo sale right now, check it out. ;) And yea, giving out coupons would be a greeeeaaat idea.
ReplyDelete