Sunday, May 1, 2011

is it spring yet..?

Alrighty. Fairly uninteresting week for the most part. I tried to get my homework for the week done on Mon/Tues while I was still feeling sick and then sucked it up and went to my internship Wed-Sat. Still have an awesome cough and now Jed is getting it too. :(

Jed has decided to change majors from Economics to Communications. He decided this so that he can skip the several courses in calculus before he can even start his regiment and just get a degree in something he also loves and get done. Also, the economics program here is small, so they don't offer classes consistently, making it hard to get through the degree, especially having to take off one's "off-track" semester. Anyway, I think it makes perfect sense because Jed's real goal is to get an MBA and there are many bachelors programs that feed into that that would help him, and this one involves less math, is offered more readily, and he can just get it done since he's not one for loving school anyway. So, he did some scrambling to switch his classes around a week into the semester and get caught up, but I think this will be a really positive change. Jed was considering transferring schools, but I think we may just end up staying here in Hell-burg since the tuition and rent is so cheap.

Jed with Remy in one of his fave spots

Friday we had our 2nd semesterly fish taco party, which was a hit, as usual, but not quite as big as last semester, and was difficult to start the dance part of the famed Aspen fish taco dance parties. We need to get some party lights and a better sound system (hooked my laptop up to the tv - bass suuucked). But anyway, it was good times and we enjoyed seeing our buddies.

The weather sucked this week, and it's still not at all trying to be spring. I think we might just jump to summer, skipping spring .. eventually. It snowed Thursday night.

Today we busted out the Kitchen Aid (finally!) that we got as a gift for the wedding and I made zucchini bread for the first time. It's so good! We get a lot of stuff in our Bountiful Baskets (CSA) that we often don't use and it ends up getting thrown away, so I thought I would try something new with the several zuchs we got. Yum.

My internship is going well. I'm learning a lot and trying to absorb as much as possible so I can apply my knowledge to develop skills that will benefit my clients. The big boss has loved me from the beginning and, I think, saw an opportunity to train a kid up for free and not have to pay them for legit work til they're licensed. She keeps asking things like, "when are you getting your license?" and implying that I should do my second internship there and then they will hire me in January. It's really flattering that she thinks I'm good enough to hire when I'm such a fledgling now and it's really awesome to have a job lined up. I would have liked to get different experience in a totally different internship but, since I don't have another one lined up now anyway, this is looking like a good option.

And to end this week's edition, here are a few semi-artisitic pix I took with my phone camera..

on the drive back from Idaho Falls there are several fields and this one is so picturesque to me

epic clouds in Rexburg

daffies trying to promise me spring is actually springing

2 comments:

  1. Let's face it...he wants to be a communications major so he can be more like his big sister!

    The bread looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry we couldnt make your fish taco night, with me trying to get Addie to bed and Michael working later it just wasnt working out so well- but glad you had fun with it :) glad you'll be sticking around for a while longer-it'll be fun! And your bread looks yum!

    ReplyDelete