Again with the couple days late. This last week flew by .. at least in retrospect. We had Monday off of work and school but couldn't enjoy it because Jed was still sick, I was getting sick, and it was really rainy. Glad we didn't camp or plan to go hiking. So we went and saw Kung Fu Panda 2 in the theatre (first time we've been to the cinema since December!) and it was pretty good. Definite fan of the villain, voiced by one of the best actors for villain-playing. Plus, it was a beautifully designed peacock. Great choice.
The rest of the week was mostly spent with Jed trying to get over his cold/cough, and my suffering with it. It was midterms and my being out of it balzed up my shot at a 4.0 and perfect attendance. I'm pretty pissed about it, actually. I've been really trying to keep momentum to kick butt in my classes and internship, but it's turning out to be a far harder semester than I had previously thought. And now it's mid semester and it's hitting me that I only have a few more weeks to complete some pretty hefty projects and 10-page papers and I'm trying not to freak out. Jed is also dragging along with school and agrees that these semesters are too freakin long.
I went to my internship only Friday and Saturday and it's really dragging on me that I don't have weekends since I work all Saturday. I'm feeling like I'm not learning much in my internship and and not doing all that I can, but there are so many roadblocks to my getting anything profitable done there and it drives me crazy. I am not getting the opportunity to practice the skills I have been learning over the last year and a half and I don't want to get thrown into a job after I graduate and get my license and not be able to do anything that I've only learned from books. *sigh*
In other news, Jed's dad had quadruple bypass surgery earlier this week, so that was a little stressful. I, for one, was really shocked when I heard that he had to have the surgery since he isn't the stereotypical candidate that I have in my mind (morbidly obese and a really unhealthy eater). But it went very well and he is back home recovering. *phew*
Other than that, we have just been trying to not get buried alive under homework, work, dishes, and tissues. Jed went to the doc Saturday after having been sick a week and a half and starting to feel like he had an ear infection (which he's very prone to). Lo and behold, he did and was prescribed amoxicillin and prednisone, which he is loving to fend off allergies better than loratadine, lol. He's starting to do better and I'm slowly getting over it too.
Sunday we got out in the gorgeous high 70s weather for some geocaching and quality time, hehe. Anyway, here's the pix.





No comments:
Post a Comment