I STILL have a cough that I have had for like a month. Jed is recently over his, so I hope that mine is soon to follow. But now it's compounded with bad allergies (I'm writing this with one contact in and TP tissues at hand) that claritin isn't covering. Wish I hadn't forgotten to get a scrip for flonase when I got my inhaler - love that stuff.
Good news tho! I'm going to the CHIROPRACTOR tomorrow for the first time in ... a year!! I'm an idiot for waiting so long to transfer my records to the NUCCA chiropractor in IF but I'm so sick of taking at least 600 mg of motrin a day for the last month or so. Time to get myself straightened out. Yessss..
But, I digress. The Tae Bo excitement never precipitated in anything more than a 30 min workout 2 Mondays ago. I know, we're lazy slackers!! But we're tired, overworked slackers, ok? Melinda was super-awesome and got us the brand new dvd set from Billy Blanks - and got it SIGNED by the man himself!! It looks like a really good workout and uses resistance bands for strength-training to supplement the cardio workout. (check it out at https://www.billyblankspt247.com/)
Carol, my old roommate, visited good ol' happenin' Rexburg and hung out with the old roommies a couple weeks ago and had a Buena Vista 2008-present reunion, lol. It was really fun to see her and so many of the girls too. Monday (13 June) I picked up Carol and Isaura and we went playing in the pouring rain. We went to the Cocoa Bean (I am obsessed) and then delivered a drink to Whitney, a cupcake to Jed, and a cupcake to Sheree. Many cupcakes and drinks were harmed in the making of this night. Love these girls.

A couple Fridays ago (17 June) we celebrated our 6-month-aversary by torturing our guinea pig. Okay, so he's about 8 months old and has never had his nails clipped or been bathed and he needed both - especially the former. So I was using my best animal skills to keep him calm and preoccupied with a food treat so I could gently and quickly clip his tiny nails .. until he bit me hard, sliced my finger, and drew blood. Then I busted out my other animal skills (learned volunteering at the humane society perhaps) - I took a towel and covered him, flipped him over, and had Jed cut his nails while I kept him pinned and his face covered. He didn't like that all too much, but it had to get done and I wasn't gonna take another wound. We let him calm down between back and front nails, then another break and into the sink he went! He didn't mind the water too much - he may have even liked it a little - but he didn't like a tall metal walls of the kitchen sink. Ah well, all clean now.
I've been spending a lot more time at my internship agency as it's getting down to the last 4 weeks of class and I have to get my hours done or I straight-up fail and have to start over next semester. Luckily, after the last 2 weeks of bustin' tail, I only have 60 hours left to do. I've had a lot of frustrations lately with situations there and I'm looking forward to a different placement in the fall. Currently I'm putting my hopes into a mental health/substance abuse/PSR agency on the way to Sugar (2.8 miles from my house instead of my current agency's 30.0 miles, bonus!).I'm also looking for a job for the summer and have put in a few applications. Last summer and fall I didn't try hard enough and sat around dirt-poor mooching off my fiancé. Well, this summer I'm driven to work full-time, especially since we will both be paying out of pocket for the fall semester since the FAFSA grant cuts. I only have my second 250-hour internship in the fall, so I'm looking to stay employed 20-30 hours then, too, I hope. Then I'm praying for being able to quickly get a "real" job as an LSW in January, woowoo.
Last Friday we went to the Borealis String Quartet performance on campus. There are a lot of pros and cons of performances given at BYU-I. Pro: tickets are dirt cheap - $3 for students for a campus-made performance and around $6 for an acclaimed visiting group. Con: uncultured students' lack of understanding for classical performance etiquette. Pet peeve con: giving a standing ovation for EVERY performance, regardless of quality. I admit it, this group was excellent, and I stood, but for some random mediocre performance, I refuse to stand. Ovations are to be given when merited by outstanding performance, not just because your roommate ran tech. So with Borealis, we gave the ovation, they came back, gave their second bow, they exited, people kept clapping, so they came back for a third bow, exited, and PEOPLE KEPT CLAPPING so they came back and played an encore piece - fairly unheard of with classical artists. Okay, the piece ends and we get ready to leave, and the audience DOES IT AGAIN! So the group plays yet another encore piece!! Jed comments to me at this point that since we, as a collective audience, are ill-informed on etiquette, someone has to break the cycle - and thank goodness they did or we would have been there all night. Ah well. I recommend the Vancouver, BC based group.
We are looking to decorate our apartment as soon as we sign another year lease. It's wood floors, wood walls, and wood ceilings in every room except the bathroom and living room/nook and the dark interior is kinda bleak and depressing. Sooo I'm plotting curtains, rugs, prints, decorative pillows, floor lamps, and other things that will add color and variety to this place. Expect pix in the next couple months. :)
Most of my fitness videos are decorative too. Time is scarce commodity.
ReplyDelete