Sunday, December 4, 2011

So I tend to blog once a month or so lately and then I just have too much to say and too many pictures.  And I don't feel like studying, so imma blog.

This week kinda sucked.  Jed is so burnt out of school it's a challenge to stay motivated.  But there's only 2 more weeks and it really counts now.  Work is still sucky though he's made some huge strides on projects he's taken on independently.  He's such a stud.  They're lucky to have him and they don't even know it.

There was a miscommunication on the part of another intern and my direct supervisor at my internship placement and because she was just looking for me to slip up again (I did mess up on something a few weeks ago) so she could boot me, she found it her excuse and she booted me.  I'm both disappointed and relieved.  I didn't enjoy my time there all too much.  I didn't feel like I was learning anything or preparing myself for the workforce.  The kids loved me though.  Anyway, I got screwed over big time, but they let me transfer to (yet) another internship to complete my remaining 50 hours in 2 weeks or I don't graduate.  They let me go back to the placement I was at in the spring who loved me to death and who already have a job waiting for me.  I forsee mostly job training the next couple weeks, lol.

Because I was stressing about my internship and getting my remaining hours, I haven't been studying for my licensure exam that was scheduled for Dec 19 - 3 days after graduation.  So I made the decision to reschedule it for Dec 29 so that I can deal with one anxiety at a time.  I felt like if I piled it all up like I had it, I would have a higher chance or stressing it and failing the exam which, as we know, is not an option.  So this way all I will have is part time work for the couple weeks after the semester and then the test.  Plus, this way we will go down Wednesday night, I'll take the test Thursday, then we'll have the rest of Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to play in SLC.  If I had taken it on the 19th, we would have left Saturday afternoon after convocation, played Saturday and Sunday, I would have taken the test Monday, and then we would have to head back.  This is much better.

We have got about 70% of our Christmas shopping done.  Just need to wrap things, finish making/putting together things, and ship things off.  This is the most organized it sounds like either of us have been about getting Christmas shopping done.  Oh, we also need to get Christmas cards but we're having a hard time deciding on something we both like, lol.  We were gonna put up decorations today, but it didn't happen, heh.  Soon enough.  I told Jed that he wasn't allowed to put the tree up until at least Dec 1, so now it's free game.

I think that's about it for this week.  Just tons and tons of stress and anxiety, working, studying, shopping, attempting to de-stress via game-playing, and more stress and anxiety.  We are both very much looking forward to the conclusion of the next couple weeks so we can at least get a change of pace and get different stressors, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment