Monday, December 12, 2011

stressing - just some classic venting

Yea so I cannot wait for December to be over.

It's been so stressful trying to get everything done and nothing seems to get done.  I'm trying to finish my portfolio on Jed's mini little netbook because my laptop is dead.  Again.  There are a million other things I'd rather spend money on than a new computer.  I'm also working on a big project at my internship/eventual work.  Not getting many hours of paid work lately which sucks.  

And then there's perpetual studying for my licensure exam.  And walking at graduation.  Good stress, but still stress.  I only have like 20 more hours to do this week for my internship, so that is one stresser down.

Trying to get everyone's Christmas presents figured out and sent off to various states.  Haven't figured out Christmas cards yet and I'm afraid we're going to get to the point where it's pointless pretty soon.  Also need to finish decorating.  Started, never finished.. 

Finances.  Yuuuuuck.  My student loans apparently will start accruing interest at the end of January since I was last a full time student in July.  I thought it was 6 months after you graduate so was planning on June and then deferring them in August when I hopefully go back to school, lol.  Ah well, when I start working (for more than minimum wage) I should be able to pay them off soon enough.  

My health insurance ends with the semester and though I can still go to the student health center for $20 per visit, actual health insurance through the school for a spouse of a student is $600+ per 3.5 month semester.  Um, suck.  So I'm thinking of looking into private health insurance.  Woo, growing up is so much fun. 

And I hate Rexburg.  Jed and I are very much looking forward to our little weekend break in SLC at the end of the month.  We didn't go anywhere all semester.  You bet we're making plans for other trips too.  San Diego in mid-April and western Washington outdoor adventures in the summer.  And as soon as we're both done with school in Idaho we are going to Europe.  That's right, backpacking Europe.  :D

Jed has his own issues to deal with besides hearing me out complaining.  :P  School sucked this semester (as it always does when you take almost all online classes).  Because of the track system he will not be able to graduate til at least 2013.  This blows because we both wanna get out of here and as far away from this school as possible.  Oh yea, and get on with our lives.  Why don't we just transfer to another school?  Because not much transfers from BYU-I.  Yup.  I said it.  Jed's work is also stressful as usual.  He busts his butt and doesn't get much pay, recognition, or satisfaction from it.  Hopefully this will be changing pretty soon. 

Yea I know that stress is an inevitable part of life, but the last couple months have sucked more than usual it seems.  I have so many projects on hold so that I can just graduate and get my license and then start back into things again.  I need to apply for grad school, I need to knit for the Special Olympics Scarf Project, and I need to clean the basement like crazy, especially if we're going to try again to move in April.  Also, keeping the house in better order and cooking real meals daily would be marvelous.  Yuck to hectic schedules. 

Also, as soon as this semester is over, Jed and I are going to start going to the gym so we can get back in shape.  Jed used to be in optimal condition and I used to be pretty in shape and we need to get back there because we're still hating our bodies.  

And there are probably plenty of other things that I haven't even thought to stress over.  But in short we need more 1) time, 2) money, and 3) sanity.  Life-long problem?  Yea probably..  Here's to perpetual progress though!  :) 

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! I can't promise the stress goes away, but the problems change. So, life is always exciting :).

    Also...I don't know if insurance is cheaper in Idaho, but I'm pretty sure at Matt's company, health care for an individual is like $200 a paycheck (every 2 weeks). So...that price might not be so bad. Maybe it's just our area though.

    ReplyDelete