Saturday, February 25, 2012

This entire week I had a sore throat, cough, hoarseness, runny nose, and felt like crap.  One of my 12-year-old PSR clients gave that lovely cold to me.  I still worked a full work week, though I may not have been quite as productive as usual.  I'm feeling a bit better now but still slow and tired. 

So I'm still working on my 8 page "personal statement" for my grad school application to NNU's MSW program.  But seriously, "statement" in 8 pages??  I need to get it done this weekend and sent off Monday since it's due in Boise on Thursday.  Yes, I am a master procrastinator.  I both hope I do and don't get in.  I want to get school out of the way while we're relatively unbusy/without kids/etc, but it costs bundles (~$20,000 for the 1 year program) and I'll have to cut back on work to not fail out so it's gonna be all kinds of fun taking out those loans, lol.  I don't want to go back to school - I'm kind of over the academia thing for right now - but I don't want to stay a bachelor's level social worker, that's for sure!  Well, we shall see.. 

Jed is kicking it in school - yanno, acing tests and being generally awesome.  He has a Minecraft (computer game) blog he started this semester for school (I know right?) that's coming along nicely.  Check it out here.  

Also, my sister- and brother-in-law welcomed their second daughter into the world on Wednesday!  Baby Eleanor only made her mother suffer through 3 hours of labor before she came.  Seriously awesome.  I wish that Jed and I could be a more active uncle and aunt in our nieces lives, but VA is kinda far away.. 


Well, that's pretty much it here.  I'm trying to make more frequent and shorter blog posts to be more easily digestible.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment