Jed is plugging away at the end of his semester - only 2 weeks left! He's signed up for next semester's classes and is making excellent progress toward finishing his degree. His Minecraft blog is doing excellently as well.
Last week I was sick for several days with my first stomach flu that I can remember. That was a flippin doozy. Then Jed got a similar sickness, but not as severe as me, thank goodness. >< At least I got to throw up and fill my several years quota. Since I can remember/age 16, I have thrown up a total of 5 times/episodes. Woo.
got to enjoy my first taste of Pepto Bismol, yuuummy
we hit up some skee ball at the end of the week since i was sick of being cooped up inside
I finished the Hunger Games last week and started Catching Fire the next day. I really enjoyed the book, though the idea behind it is obviously very sick. But I thought the pacing throughout was amazing and I seriously couldn't put it down even to the last pages. The characters are good and I enjoyed how the author didn't spare us from the down and dirty of how screwed up this dystopian society is. I had started Uglies previously but really didn't appreciate that the author addressed that dystopian society so superficially and didn't explain (at least in the first half of the first book) what was really going on. I'm excited to see the movie, which came out this weekend, but I'm waiting for the fanatics to get their views in first so I don't have to sit elbow-to-elbow with giddy teenagers.
The weather has finally picked up and is becoming springy. We can finally get outside to go for walks and geocache. We did our first geocaching of the year today and found my first trackable!
Shaggy the Fox
We signed for our new apartment last week and know our apartment number so it's all becoming a little more real for us. They have a very strict no pet policy, however, and so we decided not to sneak Remy in with us for fear of a $300 fine and eviction. It sucks, but we enjoyed our year with him. <3





glad to hear you got some hours back at work! sorry about being sick :( enjoy the rest of hunger games-- the movie was pretty good (I thought!) but don't let me hype it up too much :)
ReplyDeleteGood bye Remy...I'll miss your cow licks. Good luck with work. When the economy went south, I had to take a bunch of furlough days too. It was lame, but I was grateful there weren't layoffs. I can't wait to see pics of your new place!
ReplyDelete