Wow I'm super behind, time for some updating. This post will cover the last 2 weeks of last semester - the end of March and first week of April.
My PSR hours have been blowing. Got 27 hours one week with 35 scheduled and 23 the next week with 28 scheduled. My paychecks are hurting.
My PSR hours have been blowing. Got 27 hours one week with 35 scheduled and 23 the next week with 28 scheduled. My paychecks are hurting.
Jed kicked the trash out of his finals and got all B's. He's rocking school now that he doesn't have to worry about working too. Go Jed!!
Jed allowed me to take him to see the Hunger Games. Quick review: thought it was a pretty good adaptation of the book. All the subplots and inner dialog that they left out were explained fairly amply elsewise, loved the character portrayals and glad the shaky cinematography didn't last the entire flick, lol. I finished Catching Fire and started Mockingjay but haven't had time to read more than a few chapters!
We were able to get our first ever mattress! Justin helped us get it up from IF in his van and we took him to Red Robin for his first time. (They put an extra veggie burger in mine by accident - it was a beast!) It's a Serta Perfect Sleeper Hamilton Park with a pillowtop. We really wanted to invest in a mattress on which we could support our shoddy backs and my mom paid for it too. It's fantastic, by the way. :)Jed allowed me to take him to see the Hunger Games. Quick review: thought it was a pretty good adaptation of the book. All the subplots and inner dialog that they left out were explained fairly amply elsewise, loved the character portrayals and glad the shaky cinematography didn't last the entire flick, lol. I finished Catching Fire and started Mockingjay but haven't had time to read more than a few chapters!
I did some experimental cooking those weeks and made a korma that tasted alright but didn't have the right texture at all. Will revisit that one. But I did make my first ever lasagna with crumbled tofu, soy mozzarella cheese, spinach, mushroom, and onion that came out absolutely deliciously if I may say so myself!
I stressed out lots about packing and moving. We ended up putting in ~8 hours Friday, ~8 hours Saturday with help from Justin and 2 hours the weekend before to get it done. It was kind of a nightmare but after all was said and done we had thrown away/recycled/donated a ton of stuff, packed and moved our apartment into a storage unit, and cleaned the place out. Phew.
basement madness
I had my hair cut and colored! I sometimes miss having long hair, but since my hair is so thin now it looks far better short. Plus Jed thinks it's hot, so where can I go wrong? ;)
don't take good pix of myself haha
There was a lady at the local library in Shelley helping them out by making Ukrainian eggs for a fundraiser. I asked her to make a Christmas ornament for me since we are collecting unique art pieces for our tree and the piece she came up with was pretty cool, especially for only $5 donation to the library! It was way fun to watch her work.
some examples she made
side one of my commissioned egg
and side 2
When they came to meet him, he handled Remy really steadily and gently and his mom seemed very responsible. Remy behaved himself abnormally well and did his best to look cute. We kept Remy for the week because I knew I wouldn't adjust well to a change in routine not looking after him and interacting with him. We gave him a bath, cut his nails, and scrubbed the heck outta his cage and handed him over Friday. They let me take a pic of them too. Jed made up for Remy's cage's absence on top of the dresser by perching on it and doing his best guinea pig face rendition - very accurate, actually, lol.
new Remy-tamer and aunt, i believe (mormon families are weird haha)
don't mind the busted dresser and refuse
Other fun occurrences: Jed got new glasses (pix to come but he looks fantastic in them), General Conference, and Vintage Night at swing that was my first time dancing in months. Alright, that's a wrap on that fortnight, just the trip to San Diego and this last week to update on. :P











So much in this blog! Your new hair cut looks fabulous. I'm so glad Remy got a home with kids that will adore him. Also, I wish you had a video of Jed getting on top of that dresser and into that position with such limited head room. Lastly, love - love - LOVE the pysanky eggs. Absolutely beautiful.
ReplyDeletei seriously walked in the room and he was there already haha. hilarious. i wanted to blog each week as they happened but i got behind what with the moving and all. still behind now too, lol! :P
ReplyDelete