Wednesday, June 6, 2012

May

So I'm 4 weeks behind so this is for pretty much all of May.

Work is finally picking up (it's been about 20 hours a week for several months, ouch on the pocketbook) and this last week picked up too quickly for me.  Next week I'm supposed to be doing PSR for 6 children and 4 adults, case management for several clients as well as creating service plans, and now am starting a new thing where I basically scout out clients and walk them through getting Medicaid so that we can get them into services.  It's been really hard fitting everything into my days since a lot of it involves running around Idaho Falls and Rigby, and soon Roberts too.  And frankly is impossible with as many as I just listed but they need to hire another worker!  However, I'm very glad for the hours, even if there seem to be multiple days a week that start before 8am.  :S

Jed is facing midterms right now and continuing to kick school's butt.  He's registering for classes for fall but because BYU-I is lame he will only be able to take his remaining generals and not any Comm or Humanities unless we get lucky and his teachers can override him.  He is looking forward to being able to take online classes in the fall, however, so that he can get a break from some annoying classmates.  ;)

Also I got into grad school!  Northwest Nazarene University in Nampa, ID accepted me for their Master in Social Work Foundation standing program Idaho Falls satellite to start September 6.  The program is pretty much all online and I plan to graduate December 2014.  Once I pass my MSW licensure exam I'll be a LMSW counselor/therapist.  :D  I'm pretty scared about starting grad school already and am putting a lot of pressure on myself to do really well.  It's an expensive program and I was pretty bummed that I didn't get into the advanced standing 1.5 year program, but my grades weren't the best.  I had to think over it a lot but Jed and I decided that this is the right decision to get it done now.  Jed plans on graduating December 2013 and I will do my final year all online since we will be scrambling to move away from Idaho, lol.


We signed up for a plot in the local community garden at Lone Pine Nursery just south of Rexburg.  They give a 10'x10' plot normally for $35 but I signed up to be on the committee so it's free and since they didn't have a great turn-out, we actually ended up with 2 plots.  This weekend we planted: live tomatoes, yellow squash, cabbage, bell peppers, serrano peppers, and eggplant; and from seed: lettuce, spinach, radish, cucumber, and zucchini.

hand hoeing

windy planting

live plants

seeds

We also planted a live rosemary, oregano, thyme, and sage in a ceramic pot in our apartment for cooking.  We have a dwarf lavender that needs a pot as well.  The weather has been really bad up until now and still it's so windy that our plants are looking really blown over and sad.  We hope they survive.  :S



cool ceramic planter

I got a ton of names finally ready for sealings a couple weeks ago and we took our team of friends to help us out (thanks Daniel, Maddy, Mike, Janay, and Justin!).  It was so awesome being able to do the work for my family and I felt the Spirit really strongly as we helped those who hadn't had the opportunity to receive those ordinances to have the chance now.  For more info on LDS temple work here is a little snippit.  :)

Jed's 27th birthday was May 20!  We went to the temple in the morning of the celebratory Saturday, then to Costa Vida with Mike and Janay to catch up, then instead of the expected Cellar, we went to Adalberto's in IF with Daniel and Maddy.


Sunday after church we did some geocaching in St Anthony, Google+ chatted with Matt and Melinda, played cards with Daniel, Maddy, and Justin, and had vegan cheesecake.  

playing cards can take many forms in our house

fruit version 

chocolate version 

Since then we have been playing poker every Sunday night with chips but not for real money.  It's been fun times.  :P 


Eve's straight against Justin's 4 of a kind and Maddy's full house. Daniel and Jedidiah sat this round out ;)

Jed got various gifts from me and his fam and he gifted himself a midnight purple 3DS, partly with an Amazon gift card that he had been holding on to. 


Last weekend, Maddy's little sister, Emily, came up to visit and we had a lot of fun going out and playing with them on Memorial Day geocaching along the green belt and goofing off in Winco.




So that's pretty much our life right now: Eve's work, Jed's school, and trying to get outside to play as often as we can.  Here's some pix of our playing this weekend with $1.20 kites from Walmart.  :D


1 comment:

  1. Awesome month update! You guys play some wild and crazy cards. I hope the garden is a success.

    ReplyDelete