I had quit my jobs and was working hard at my internship as I needed to complete my 500 hours in 4 months instead of the expected 7. I did a program evaluation and development project, started running my own therapy groups, and took on several clients for individual therapy. I also got my thesis study approved and got my study out. I also discovered that I didn't need to pass the ASWB master's level exam like I did for my bachelor's level degree as, unlike Idaho, Washington and Oregon don't require it. So that was a huge load off my shoulders!
Jed ended his work at the law firm in May under crappy circumstances as did like 8 other people that week as his boss had a melt down. It's pretty freakin lame but "onward and upward" we strive for always.
Over the 3 week spring break I was only allowed to do 50 internship hours so I was able to have some fun. I read my spring break novel (I have made myself read a novel every school break), The Handmaid's Tale, and hated it. I also read the 6 Scott Pilgrim graphic novels and loved them.

don't even bother with this "must read" dystopia unless you want a stagnant and boring protagonist to do nothing for 300 pages
I drove up to see my mom on a day off during spring break for Mother's Day and had some fun (as evidenced by goofy picture that follows!).
They were handing out cookies to the women at church on Mother's Day, which is a difficult day for me anyway, so Jed baked vegan cookies and made sure they were given to me. Very cool.
We got to enjoy the wonderful summer weather and went on lots of walks and geocaching adventures.
I got to volunteer for the NAMI Northwest Walk that supports stomping out stigma associated with mental illness. It rained the whole day!
Jed had his birthday! He was made a Laird, got some other fun gifts, and we went out to sushi with his parents. :)
We went to see a play I've had my eyes peeled for for several years and it was kinda "eh" unfortunately, but we had fun playing in the Pearl District of Portland anyway.
Food adventures!
We got the new Galaxy S5 (upgraded from our Galaxy S3s)!
Also, we have an adorable dog.
















No comments:
Post a Comment