Tuesday, September 9, 2014

January, February, March

Oh my gosh, you guys. I have completely disowned my personal blog the entire 2014 year thus far! I'm going to see what I can do to amend this with a bit of a recap.

At the beginning of the year I was very active on my professional Twitter, posting very interesting articles and daily mindfulness prompts. I still post awesome stuff, but I haven't made it a priority like I was then. I was also writing articles for my professional website more frequently. Check out the awesome!

I was working at a residential treatment center for teen girls and ended up leaving in January because of a physically unsafe work environment. They have since closed from "lack of funding." I was also working at a homeless shelter winter overflow that ended in March and loving that. I worked very hard at both jobs and did my best to serve my populations.

I started my penultimate semester and had a very hard time finding an internship. Ideally, I was supposed to start in January, but in March I was able to start working with Portland drug court as a counseling intern!


hundreds of dollars and thousands of pages of fun

Jed got a job in February working as the Marketing and Social Media Manager for a premier law firm in downtown Portland. It was very stressful and the boss was very .. volatile, but it was good to get experience in the field and he met some good people while there. 

We got snowed in for a whole weekend and literally could not drive out of the driveway so that was fun. When we got out we enjoyed our fave local restaurant. 


doesn't look that hard but that solid ice did not allow us to leave for 3 days


mmm sushi...

My mom came down to visit for her birthday in February. We went for a long walk, had fancy brie/salad/baguette for lunch, curry for dinner, and cheesecake for dessert!


out for a 4 miler

Nova had her second heat in January and we were able to get her spayed in February. Horray for no more doggy periods!


cone of shame

Started playing handheld gaming device games again, starting with Pokemon Y - the first Pokemon game I played since the original Red/Blue came out in 1998. I'm a 1st generation Pokemon master mayn (X/Y are 6th generation)! I also ended up getting a Cobalt Blue 3DS after playing my new game on Jed's DS for a while. This is the first Gameboy I've had since the original came out in 1989. :P I used to play a lot of video/computer games but had pretty much sworn them off in my undergrad and absolutely in my grad degree, but the last 2 semesters were a lot lighter than the previous 4, so I lightened up a little on myself.


i will be a 6th generation Pokemon master yet!


so pretty!

We got to start enjoying the Vancouver Farmer's Market when they opened in mid-March. That same weekend we had some friends stay over while they explored Portland.


first day of the Vancouver Farmer's Market!!


Matt & Mika visiting Portland (on Mika's bday!)

We also got out in the yard a bunch more and were able to enjoy the increasingly lovely spring weather.


Jed and his dad spent 6 hours grinding down some stumps


happy Vernal Equinox! time to mow.

And I cut my hair super short! 


Also, we have a cute dog. 

1 comment: