Late summer in pictures, ready go!
At the beginning of August we went to Obon festival in Portland. Didn't get very many good shots and it wasn't as great as the festival we went to earlier in the summer but it's always fun learning more about other cultures.
each lantern has the name of a deceased family member being honored
At the beginning of August we went to Obon festival in Portland. Didn't get very many good shots and it wasn't as great as the festival we went to earlier in the summer but it's always fun learning more about other cultures.
each lantern has the name of a deceased family member being honored
Mid-August we were finally able to get out and backpack 2 days in the Gorge. It was the first time in 2 years, which is hard for me! The road up to the trailhead was horrible so we actually ended up parking on the side of the road instead of risking getting stuck in foot deep rut or having a car come flying down the very-much-one-lane road hit us.
Day 1: 1.3 miles of road to Indian Springs Trail (2.0 miles w/ 1800 elev loss, ouch knees), then 1.7 miles to Upper Eagle Camp on Eagle Creek Trail. Day 2: 1.9 miles to Wahtum Lake, 2.8 miles of the PCT, and 1.3 miles road. Total 11 miles for a lighter trip.
It has been a struggle to schedule myself actual "me time" instead of pushing it aside en lieu of staying at work to do a "little extra" paperwork and then spacing out to YouTube or trying to read material for work before crashing nightly. So I took a big step and signed up for yoga classes at a time that I have to leave work on time. It's been years since I took formal classes and I found a vinyasa/ashtanga teacher at my new studio that I love.Day 1: 1.3 miles of road to Indian Springs Trail (2.0 miles w/ 1800 elev loss, ouch knees), then 1.7 miles to Upper Eagle Camp on Eagle Creek Trail. Day 2: 1.9 miles to Wahtum Lake, 2.8 miles of the PCT, and 1.3 miles road. Total 11 miles for a lighter trip.
I have since gotten more clothes, a better mat, and a mat bag!
For my birthday weekend my mom came down for 2 days and we had dinner, went to REI (in which she spoiled me with the above yoga tank top AND a nice backpacking ground pad - thanks again, Ma!), and hung out in the garden.
Speaking of the garden.
Other than the gifts my mom got me, Jed got me a gorgeous sapphire necklace and Jed's parents got me a new luggage duo in a lovely blue. I feel far more spoiled this year than I have in years and years. Thanks lovely fam! <3
Speaking of the garden.
prosperous good times
ended up taking 17 zuchs to work for clients to take
my luggage and Jed's with our new Minnie and Mickey tags, woo
To celebrate my birthday I took 2 days off and we "did" Portland. The day before my bday we went to my fave food carts, the Japanese garden, rose garden, and Uwajimaya.
I could have watched and taking pictures of these koi all day
I was so mesmerized by these intense verdant greens
#macrophotographywithacameraphone
dinner and haul from Uwajumaya including the musubi that got Jed addicted
On my birthday we continued celebrating with more food at a fancy (read: overpriced and slightly pretentious) ramen-ya, Marukin, played at the gorgeous mini golf place, had Mio sushi with Jed's dad, and I got myself my first ever professionally made vegan birthday cake (it was good but not for the price lol). It was a great celebration and I felt very loved and enjoyed the winding down of summer. <3




























No comments:
Post a Comment