First weekend of October we dragged -ehem- took my mom to the Fruit Loop by Mt Hood and took the Englishwoman through a corn maze and pumpkin patch, got apple cider, and enjoyed the rather warm autumn day.
totally "lost"!
In October the garden was finally ready to sleep for the winter. Loved our little 20'x20' plot this year. In early November we had to go gather our equipment in the rain and mud.
Continued adventures in Japanese culture, food, and language. You know you're far in when you buy 3 types of seaweed without even realizing it (nori for onigiri, wakame for ramen, and konbu for nabe hotpot). New ingredients we are working on figuring out: ponzu (citrus dipping sauce), natto (the famous fermented soybeans), konbu, oden (soup mix), daikon, and a fun furikake (to mix with rice).
amazing manga about a corgi and 1st grader science book
nabemono
ichiju sansai: traditional meal configuration
Nova enjoying fall!
i love shooting Lacamas through the seasons
Got to go to an awesome training for work on executive functioning and have been getting all neuropsych nerdy. Seriously might go back and get my PhD in neuropsychology at some point.
Ended up finding out that when I got my WA drivers license and asked the clerk to register me to vote and register me as an organ donor, neither of those things happened, so I had to register in person. Luckily WA is all absentee ballot so I didn't have to go to a physical poll like I thought I did. The election season and media coverage was super challenging for me to deal with and I'm pretty disappointed in the result of the election, but I would have been if the other major party had won too. I ended up voting 3rd party for the first time.
Nova did an interview and trial daycare day at a nice dog day/overnight care and passed. The reason that it has so many steps is because instead of just being in a run or crate all day she will be let out with other dogs to play for several hours and go for walks several times per day so has to have good behavior/temperament to integrate with the group. Proud of my pup for showing off the hard training and socialization that we did!
Here's pix of her when she stayed in December:
The day before Thanksgiving I worked for 13 hours until 10:30pm to be done with billable paperwork before our trip to Hawaii.
When we got back from Hawaii it was freezing and awful weather. There were 3 weeks between my returning from vacay and the week the whole office gets off. The first week I worked 2 days because I took off Monday to run around and get sorted after returning and then Thurs-Fri were snow days (15° after windchill and 36 mph wind gusts and lovely ice). The second week I worked 1 day because I had an awesome flu Sat-Tues and then Thurs-Fri were snow days again. The latter snow days were annoying because there was hardly any ice on the road and yoga was canceled several times. My mom visited the weekend I was sick and I was worried the whole time I might have dengue fever because there had been an outbreak on Hawaii earlier this year and I got bit several times.
Celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary! I felt like being cute and making a little collage of us near each anniversary. It's been an awesome trip and I love every day of my journey with my best friend and love of my life.
duh we celebrated with food
This year our xmas shopping included making 2 care boxes for girls entering foster care. We did one for a little boy last year and I just really enjoy buying nice little things for them to have when they've lost some stability in their life.
We took it slow this Christmas and chilled out together at home. Got each other awesome gifts like Pokemon shirts, a yoga mat bag, Pepe plush, and of course a pile of foreign treats from World Market like we always stuff stocks with. Got our nieces some science activity books and nephews a Duplo train set. Gave the 4 parents and 2 sibs some sweet gifts too. I really enjoy putting a lot of thought into what gifts everyone would like so I'm glad I only have to buy for a fairly small family! We had dinner with Jed's parents and his mom made a delish dinner and my first ever steam pudding! My mom came down the week I was off and hung out, ate, shopped, and enjoyed the chilly weather!
i love this guy <3
Books:
- Little Flower Yoga for Kids: really good stuff
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: potential life-changer, guys. We're working through the steps now.
Video Games:
- Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes: hilarious, but you'd better have a good friendship or this will ruin nights worse than Monopoly, lol
- Paper Mario Color Splash: love the humor, animation, and continuation on a great series
- Pokemon Sun/Moon: came out on my 1-year workaversary and is Hawaii-themed so you bet we took it to Hawaii and played it on the plane lol




































No comments:
Post a Comment