Sunday, June 7, 2015

May

Okay, May time!

We got to spend $1000 more on the Volvo's breaks issues in April and May. (yay..) When it was in the shop, I got to drive my parents-in-laws' 1993 Dodge Dakota pickup truck to work so I could fit in better in po-dunk Ramona. 

I got to eat my first Korean food with Rou-Jia! I got dobu japchae, Jed got yukgaejang and purple bap, and then there was the communal bachan, of course. 


We broke into Jed's sister's house and ransacked the place for their return from China (and 24 hour flight!) with their adopted son. We got them a bunch of groceries with fresh fruit and salad because they were on the blink of scurvy from not eating anything fresh in China. Also got them dinner so they wouldn't have to worry about that and snacks. The presents were orchestrated by Jed/Melinda's cousin and wrapped by their grandma. And we couldn't say "no" to helium balloons! ;)


After doing the damage at Jed's sister's, we flew out to my MSW graduation on 5/8. Pix for that here!

That week on 5/12 we went to Disneyland on day 1 of our cheap(er) 2-day so-cal pass. Link here!

We got to meet our new nephew, Steven, that weekend on 5/17! He's a-freakin-dorable, very social, and can't get enough walking. I got to hold him and the first thing he did was put his little head on my chest. I nearly cried. He just had his 1st birthday on 5/5. 

i nearly kidnapped him he's so cute

:D

so much walking!

Jed got some sweet presents from China for his birthday and Melinda made a cake for Jed's birthday, Steven's welcome home, and my graduation! So sweet!


we asked for weird snack foods and M&M delivered!

so sweet!

the gang!

Jed's bday cake #1

For Jed's 30th birthday, we went to Disneyland again! Because what better way to celebrate the transition into adulthood than being a kid at an amusement park? Nay, the Happiest Place on Earth! Link here!

The day after Jed's birthday, he accompanied his sister to Legoland on 5/21 to help corral her 3 kids. We stayed at Disney until 11pm close and walked 14 miles so we were both pretty "hungover," so Jed's a major trooper. I got to go to work instead. :\ 

rides!

double decker couch (from the Lego Movie) reward

Memorial Day weekend Jed's parents came down to meet Steven and hang out with the fam. It was a super busy and exhausting weekend since I'd been going non-stop for weeks with work and then trips and Disneyland etc. But it's always fun to hang out with fam, so we tanked up on caffeine and chugged along. :P 

Saturday morning we went to a local parade and then hung around the house. Sunday we went to San Diego and visited Jed's grandparents and then had dinner at Matt and Melinda's. Monday Jed and I were beat so we skipped going to Old Town San Diego and slept all day. The other days Jed's parents were here we hung out, I went to work, and ate sushi!

after the parade. 'Merica.

<3

i love this kid so much

:D

Nova was super jazzed to meet Steven. unfortunately he can't crawl so doesn't spend a lot of time on the floor so Nova didn't get much time with him.

a fantastic candid showing a little slice of the chaotic (and fun of course) backyard party lol. (I look so solumn because I'm concentrating on lining up Steven's hips as he walks to Jed)

Jed's mom and i made him a cake!

Jed's cake #3!

And.. 

I was out in the rain helping my dad with a photo project so I took some artsy pics for myself. one day I will get a DSLR and really do my photos justice.

our 1st CSA basket here

In May I read the Bell Jar. My Goodreads review: Although certainly tragic, knowing that Plath killed herself, and momentarily insightful into how strangling and disorienting severe depression feels, I found this work to be rambly and without clarity.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are the best! Ransack my house anytime! Also, Steven can crawl now, really well, so we need another Nova date. :)

    ReplyDelete