trying to de-stress and stay cool
I designed a 16-week high school DBT curriculum for my coworker because I was feeling bogged down and wanted to do something exciting and different. It took me about 6 hours and was stressful but fun.
It was crazy stupid hot here for a while, peaking at over 110 degrees. It was also a great time for the car's AC to have issues so there has been a lot of sweaty 1.5 hour drives this summer..
when you have temps over 100, you get a cactus apparently
tested the temp in the car, lolz
We dogsat our friends' dog and Nova's brother-from-another-mother, Eddie, for 1.5 weeks.
We have been having ants enjoying the water in the pipes in this crazy drought, so have had to use borax traps to deal with that. Then we got even more lucky and got fleas when both dogs were here so got to treat them and the house for those guys. It was a very enjoyable time period, lol.
In mid-August, we met up with Daniel and Maddy for dinner and hanging in Solana Beach/Encinitas
Bangkok Bay delights
teaching them how to selfie, mwaahaha
I had a Skype interview for a place in Portland, but no dice.
We spoiled ourselves and got a Wii U with Super Mario Bros U and Splatoon, which is a hilarious player-vs-player paintballing-esque game in which you turn into a squid!
For months I'd planned our backpacking trip to Lena Lakes in the Olympics and for over a year I planned my chocolate decadence cake from Piece of Cake Bakery in Portland (my first non-wedding professional cake ever) for my big 3-0 birthday. But we didn't get to be in the PNW (I'm so homesick) and I grieved and made other plans. And then they, too, fell through (lots of forest fires this time of year in SoCal).
So I settled again and we ended up doing a short little dayhike in Big Bear and got Punjabi food and vegan pastries and I still got to enjoy being out away from people, palm trees, and concrete.
Work also kind enough to do a vegan-friendly potluck for the August birthdays.
Random bits and bobs:
We gave Adelaide a little starting (Chinese immersion) Kindergarten gift
Nerd shirts!
hanging out with Steven
hanging out with Grandma
Books:
- Seconds by Bryan Lee O'Malley: my birthday present graphic novel from Jed, which I tore through in 2 days






















No comments:
Post a Comment